For this weeks edition of Friday Favorites I thought I would share some of my favorite things from this years Orange Conference.
- People: This is definately my favorite thing. Even if the rest of the conference was a bust, it would have worth it simply for the people that I was able to meet, spend time with, or finally connect with in person. Here are a few of the highlights.
- Joe McAlpine: Through a set of circumstances that only God could have set up, I ended up sharing a room with Joe. This lead to a friendship that I am certain will last a lifetime. Not to mention conversations that have changed my life and my ministry forever. Click on Joe’s name to check out his blog.
- Amy Fenton Lee: Prior to attending Orange I was familiar with Amy as a specialist in Special Needs Ministry. While at Orange we became friends. I had the pleasure of sharing a meal with Amy and two of her special needs ministry friends. Since then we have stayed in contact and I was lucky enough to get to see her again last week at the Orange Tour stop in Tampa. If you have any interest at all in special needs then you need to check click on Amy’s name to check out here blog. Also I would HIGHLY recommend that you take advantage of any opportunity to hear her speak or to meet her.
- Wendy Douglas: I knew Wendy prior to Orange because we both wrote for Kidmin1124.com. However, this was the first time I had actually met her. Wendy has a huge heart for ministry to children, especially in the context of small groups. While she would never say it herself, I consider her to be a specialist in the area of children’s small groups. Click on her name to check out her blog.
- Mark Stuart: Some of my readers may not immediately recognize this name, but for I INSTANTLY recognized him. Mark was the lead singer of Audio Adrenaline, one of my favorite bands EVER. It was cool to meet him and spend a few minutes talking about the ministry that he was representing that ministering to orphans in Haiti.
- Main Sessions: The main sessions featured some of the biggest names in church ministry. I’m not just talking about big names in children’s or youth ministry, but big names in church. Names like Andy Stanley and Craig Groeschel. It wasn’t just the names that were exiting, each of these speakers shared thoughts that I am still working through all these months later. The greatness didn’t end there. The main sessions were also VERY entertaining. From satirical remakes of popular songs to Zombies overtaking the main stage. Oh, and don’t forget the AMAZING praise and worship.
- Breakout sessions: Great lessons from great teachers. There were enough different sessions to meet just about any need that you or your ministry might have.
- Vendors, etc.: There were a variety of vendors and ministries represented. From ministries aimed at ending human trafficking to ministries that meet the needs of orphans.
There was so much more that I can’t even begin to list it all. Let me just end by saying, if there is anyway that you can make to the Orange Conference, then I HIGHLY recommend that you do. You will not be disappointed.
Registration starts in Just on week, September 27th. Click HERE for details.Matt Norman
Thanks for reading this post. I hope you enjoyed it. To ensure that you never miss a post subscribe using the space on the right side of the screen.